Ultimate NYG has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.ultimatenyg.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Andy Mara? Personal Seat Licenses?

lol. it's capitalism, love it or leave it. I know... Wellington Mara is probably turning in his grave. I am trying to be realistic. We knew it was coming. For me, I wouldn't have even bothered building a new stadium- the old one works for me because I am not in demand of a luxury box. The bottomline is this is the marketplace. Check out the prices for PSL's being floated in Dallas. The owners can do anything they please. The fans can stay home, spend the grand (or 20 grand) on a home theatre and let someone else pony up the money.

Since the Baseball Strike of '94 I have not paid to see a single game (have gone to a total of 3 since then as a guest of others) and have only watched a total of ~20 games in 14 years on television after growing up with the sport. Have not watched a single pitch this season. May go to a Newark Bears game. Point is we all have choices. I think that the price of a football game (which represents 12.5% of the entire home season) is still fairly priced. Try spending 500 dollars going to an NBA regular season game where the players turn it on for only 1 quarter at the end. (I was once a courtside guest and was horrified by that one.)

There are other things that piss me off much more than these PSLs. Why do I get ads and far less video updates of other out of town games while AT THE STADIUM than I do at home in front of the television? What will s**k about the PSL's is if/when they do little to enhance the STADIUM EXPERIENCE. Will we have to pay $20 to park our car and have it still be a nightmare? Will getting out of the stadium parking lot still take 40 minutes?

Make your voice heard. I think Giants fans got tired of the flex scheduling and all the evening games in '06 and '07 and finally got some relief in the '08 schedule. If you really object to the PSLs, boycott them and then simply go to the stubhub/Giants tickets exchange and pay face. One of the original email guys from this blog paid $3800 for one ticket to the Super Bowl- he was in Glendale without a seat and was prepared to watch in his hotel room. Considering it was arguably the greatest game in Giants history, I am not sure if he overpaid.

What irks all of us is that if we all boycotted the PSL I am sure that the 15+ years of people on the waiting list (not to mention the corporates) would swoop in and devour the new availability. If it were not for having to go to football games at 8PM (at the end of December), I would be far more interested.

I will end the post with a little ditty from the Giants' press release: "...we hope and believe that you will be pleased with the options when we send more detailed information on the stadiumʼs PSL programs."

No comments:

Sports Business Directory - BTS Local
Blog Directory - Blogged