Ultimate NYG has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.ultimatenyg.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

What is the Ultimatenyg NY Giants Blog?

What is the driving force of Ultimatenyg? What makes this wacko blogger post nearly every single day? It certainly isn't the money! This isn't my day job. So what drives this?

1) Like all of you who have visited the site, we all share the same passion for the Giants. I tell people all the time, I'll trade 162 Yankee wins for ONE Giants win. I'll trade 16 Jets wins for one Giants win (sorry, Wonder).

2) >Championship or bust. Any franchise can get a Schottenheimer or Fassel or Denny Green and make their franchise get some wins and restore credibility. F credibility. I root for championships, for titles, that is why the title bar has three Super Bowl victories up there.

3) The (sometimes not so pretty) truth about this team. I do not care if this team is 16-0 or 0-16, if there is something that is wrong about the team I am going to mention it. Some people call that nitpicking after a win. What they do not understand is that I call that consistent objectivity. If there is a problem that could have cost us dearly (turning a win into a loss), it gets mentioned in a loss AND A WIN because it is hypocritical to ignore the same problem just because we got more points that day. As an example, shutting down the offense with 9:27 left in Q4 vs Dallas last January was a cardinal sin that EASILY could have cost us that game and (obviously) a Super Bowl title. The fact that it did not end up costing us the title does not pardon the error, and if you think otherwise you are wrong. (Wouldn't it be nice if every time OUR OPPONENT was up by 4 points that they went into the Prevent Offense and gave us one or two extra chances per game?! Why can't OUR team get THAT charity?)

4) Education. Everyone in this forum gets to learn from others what is going on, what is driving what, what is happening. Other sites, books. What Phil Simms is seeing. What's the latest psycho rant from Wonder.

5) Community. This internet thing is amazing. I've made Giants friends all over the country, and they are grateful to find a home away from home with the same passion in the Giants that they used to have when they lived in the NY area. This is only a side benefit though... truth be told, I'd trade every last one of you for another Giants championship. (Hey, I had the Giants written into my Ketubah. I'm not going to let a marriage get between me and the Giants.)

6) THE GOSPEL. This blog started in Nov 2006 when the team was going nowhere. 16 years without a title. This is not a bandwagon blog. Do not mistake criticism for lack of loyalty. Do not mistake momentary emotional despair for lack of support of the team. In 2002 I wrote a letter to Accorsi, the response for which leaves no doubt that our voice is heard.

8 comments:

Mitch said...

I found out about this blog when Andy would make comments after mine online with the Daily News. I still post there under nyfan417. He would direct me to his blog and now I make sure to visit it at least once a day. It is great to interact with other diehards who truly understand our passion.
Andy, you made me laugh today stating that you wrote the Giants in your Ketubah. I told my wife and she was absolutely hysterical. She remembers over 30 years ago before we married and there were no VCR's, that Sunday @ 1PM was as important to me as anything there was and no concession would ever be made. Hell, she used to lie to her friends that Sundays during football season we never could make plans. EVER! My son, who is now 27 is cut from the same cloth and is now having issues with his girlfriend over our Giants. I hope she will be as understanding as my wife has after all these years.

dberenson said...

Tell your son to dump her. This needs to be non-negotiable.

I also laughed hard at the Katubah item.

I married a Duke basketball fan. So she is familiar with sports team obsession, and gives me adequate latitude.

Andy F. said...

I began dating my wife in May of 1990, it was obvious by the summer that this was the real deal, so I began to explain (read WARN!) to her that she had not seen me yet during football season, that the Giants were sacred. I made a great deal with her when I got married: I got the NFL and March Madness, she got everything else. She is super protective of my Sundays, and loves the Super Bowl- it is her Independence Day!

Anonymous said...

Hey Andy F., You left a link commenting on another blog earlier in the year and I've been a frequent visitor since then. I love it.

I gotta say though. What is a Ketubah?

Nature said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nature said...

this blog is the only thing thats keeps my wife in the house on sunday as of 2 weeks ago...during the game i lose my mind, but with the blog i can just post a quick thought. i kind of abuse it on gameday but i guess you dont mind that...moved to DELAWARE in '04 and im surrounded by EAGLES nuts, so i watch the game alone

i think i read the blog for 4-5 months before i ever posted. its the best around, and your a NITPICKER like myself

Ketubah is a pre-nup right?

Motown Blue said...

Please view link below:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/11/rivalries_built_on_intense_dis.html

The best division in sports. In baseball, bball, and hockey can you think of teams you despise more than the eagles, skins or cowboys?? Even in collegiate rivalrys I can't compare. In the 80s I hated the skins more than any team in sports but now it's neck and neck between the eagles and dallas.

Andy F. said...

a ketubah is a marriage contract

Sports Business Directory - BTS Local
Blog Directory - Blogged