Ultimate NYG has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.ultimatenyg.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Giants move Kiwanuka back to DE

Strahan?

Kiwanuka?

I am travelling on business, and I really cannot keep up with all of this... but it is conflicting that the Giants simultaneously have moved Kiwi back and also have contacted Strahan. The former makes sense, something we advocated and believe makes the team better- apparently the Giants see that. But to go after Strahan is a pipe dream. And a poor pipe dream at that. It would be a mistake to do it. For all concerned. Strahan made the right move for himself. For him to come back now, sure it would be an adrenaline boost, but he would need the first four games to get back to game speed and then would tarnish his exit. Injury? I was very surprised he did not get one in 2007 after his comeback and would be surprised once again if he went through 2008 without one. From a purely selfish perspective it would be great for us as fans to see him back, but I do not think it would net the benefits we hope for and (most importantly) I really do not think it is realistic. If the Giants want to open their wallets and pay him a king's ransom, then anything can happen, but for Strahan's sake I would like to think it really is not about the money anymore and that he will do the intelligent thing and move on his with his life.

Let's quote his own words: "I think after 15 years, the man upstairs said: 'Michael, I let you stick around for 15. I gave you a ring. Now don’t be stupid.' So I’m trying not to be stupid."

No comments:

Sports Business Directory - BTS Local
Blog Directory - Blogged