Ultimate NYG has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.ultimatenyg.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Smart Strahan

Yesterday Strahan said he was going to remain retired.

Listen to his words: "I could only do this if I could commit 100 percent, physically, mentally, emotionally and I can't do that. I've tried to convince myself and my body to give it one more year, but in the end I just don't think I could turn it on like I need to again."

Didn't we all, deep down, understand this to be the situation? There are many lesser players who do not have the 'FOX Sports' choices of Strahan. He passed up on a lot more money with the Giants than he is getting with FOX. So this time it was NOT about the money. Strahan made the right choice in June, and he gets all the credit in the world for making the right choice again. And the Giants WILL BENEFIT from his choice. How is that possible? Because if he came back he would not have made the impact and would not have played with the consistency we expect. How do we know this? Once again, his own words.

1 comment:

scwesley said...

Strahan is a classy giant and will live in giant lore, unlike tiki bear...who i look forward to seeing on the scoreboard because i know i will get to boo as loud as I want...

Sports Business Directory - BTS Local
Blog Directory - Blogged